Friday Night Burnout - 28th April 2017 Apr 28, 2017 11:55:21 GMT -5
Post by Kirsten on Apr 28, 2017 11:55:21 GMT -5
28th April 2017
Blue Cross Arena - Rochester, New York
Natalie Chase: Welcome to Friday Night Burnout! It’s our final show be Final Frontier![
Tony Stein: And we’re kicking things off with another Women’s MITB qualifier! The line-up will be complete by the end of the night.
Show Opener; Women's Final Frontier Money in the Bank Qualifier: Talia Cavenagh vs. Azumi Goto
- Azumi is aggressive in the opening minutes of the match.
- Soon, Talia fights back as she catches Azumi with a Tornado DDT, followed by several hard kicks.
- Talia then begins to choke Azumi in the corner, which she is given a warning for.
- Talia performs the Fake It to lay Azumi out. She covers her to pick up the win.
(Winner - Talia Cavenagh)
Natalie Chase: Talia Cavenagh earns her place!
Tony Stein: A huge win for her!
We come back from commercial break to see X-Division Champion Kenny Cole stood in the ring.
Kenny Cole: So, I'm not wrestling again tonight but that's fine. It means that I get to take a seat and watch my Final Frontier opponents tear each other apart. I want them all to know that I'll be watching their match very closely and I will be taking note of if there actually are any potential threats to me or not...
He said with a laugh as he shook his head.
Kenny Cole: I doubt there is but boys, now if your time to finally catch my attention.
He said with a smirk before he stepped outside the ring, setting up a chair and sitting at ringside to watch.
Tag Team Match: Romeo Matthias & Richie Allen vs. Cassian & Trevor Marsden
Natalie Chase: Current X-Division Champion Kenny Cole is sure confident in himself but let’s see what his challengers can do!
Tony Stein: Kenny had better be watching closely!
- Matthias uses his high-flying moves to his advantage at the start of the match against Cassian. However, he's soon caught with a springboard dropkick from Cassian.
- Cassian and Marsden work together to throw Matthias overhead with a double suplex.
- Matthias brings in Allen, who strikes with an arm-trap neckbreaker and dominates Marsden for several minutes.
- Marsden hits the Mega Drive on Allen to keep him down. He covers as Matthias desperately tries to make the save but Cassian stops him so Marsden scores the win.
(Winners - Cassian & Trevor Marsden)
Natalie Chase: Big win for Cassian and Marsden!
Tony Stein: But Allen doesn’t look happy about that!
As the winning team have their hands raised, Richie Allen attacks them from behind. This prompts Matthias to do the same and eventually, Kenny Cole. Cole seems to join forces with Matthias and Allen as they outnumber Cassian and Marsden. Soon, the fight is interrupted by the sound of 'United Divided' by Voodoo Johnson as it echoes throughout the arena.
Natalie Chase: Woah! That's Freddie Grayson!
Tony Stein: We haven't seen or heard from him here in the UFWA since he suffered an injury back in February. He's recently returned to UWF... looks like he's back here too!
Freddie Grayson makes his way onto the stage but soon races down to the ring and gets involved in the brawl. He joins Cassian and Marsden in the fight and soon, the three send Cole, Allen and Matthias crashing out of the ring. They then stand tall as we head into another commercial break,.
Alexander Shaw is preparing for his upcoming match when his tag partner Isaac Carter makes his way towards him.
Alexander Shaw: Dude, I was wondering if you were ever going to get here!
Isaac Carter: Sorry man, I had business to attend to.
Alexander Shaw: What business exactly?
Isaac Carter: Well...
He looked behind him as someone walked towards them.
Alexander Shaw: Well... if it isn't Duane Jordan? Dude, how have you been?
Duane Jordan: Amazing man, amazing. Isaac here got in contact with me and here I am.
Alexander Shaw: I knew there was a chance we'd see you again but I wasn't sure when that'd be. Ahead of one of our biggest matches? Dude, that support will be necessary. You don't know how stoked I am to see you!
Duane Jordan: And I'm here to stay. If you guys happen to want to put the band back together, now is as good a time as any, right?
Alexander looked towards Isaac and then back to Duane before smirking and nodded.
Alexander Shaw: #SquadGoals is back.
The three fist-bumped with one another as we head back to ringside.
Superstar Final Frontier Money in the Bank Qualifier: Akio Izumi (accompanied by Taizo Izumi) vs. Kingsley Bradshaw
Natalie Chase: Will Akio or Kingsley take one more step towards Final Frontier?
Tony Stein: The winner will join an already stacked line-up in the MITB match!
- Kingsley catches Akio with a cheap shot but this just fires Akio up.
- Akio catches Kingsley with an enzuigiri, followed by a High-angle crucifix Powerbomb.
- Akio misses a lariat but soon comes back fighting, successfully hitting Bradshaw with a Deadlift German Suplex.
- Akio performs the Owari to put Bradshaw away.
(Winner - Akio Izumi)
Natalie Chase: And it’s Akio of the Rising Sons!
Tony Stein: He’s heading to Final Frontier!
We go backstage to see Donnie and Paulie of the THUGs talking in the office of Kirsten.
Donnie: So we think we deserve a chance. We might not be the best of friends at this point but still, we -
He suddenly cut his own partner off.
Paulie: We deserve a UFWA Tag Team Championship match at Final Frontier.
Kirsten: Sorry... but why, exactly?
Before Kirsten can respond, Rhys Huxley and Darcy Giorgio appear on the scene.
Rhys Huxley: I still think Paulie should understand that we’re supposed to be teaming because he’s a smart man and should know that the THUGs aren’t treating him equally but fine... I’m really just here to say that myself and Darcy deserve a UFWA Tag Team Championship shot instead.
Kirsten just stared at him.
Rhys Huxley: You may hate me but you can’t deny that we both deserve it.
Kirsten: Maybe but -
Before Kirsten can continue, the Brotherhood’s Myles Maxted and Nyle Adessi step onto the scene, holding both the UWF and PWU Tag Team Championships.
Myles Maxted: I know, I know, we might not be able to carry three sets of championships but I like a challenge so I’d be happy to try.
Nyle Adessi: I can’t help but feel we haven’t really had our chance to shine here so we feel this would be a great chance. Plus, we’re friends, right?
Kirsten: Of course we are but -
Again, Kirsten is cut off but this time, by the Administration’s Eli Jenson and X.
X: So, what’s this? We getting some new challengers?
Eli Jenson: Yeah, I mean, we’ve been holding this gold for a while... we could do with a new challenge.
Kirsten: Well -
X: Look, we’ll make this easy for you. I know you don’t need the extra stress right now, Kirsten. So since myself and Eli here... and Mike, wherever the hell he is... are fighting champions, we’re here to say we’ll take ‘em all on.
Kirsten: Really? You don’t have to –
Eli Jenson: It’s fine. As X said, we’re fighting champs. If they all want a shot, they got it. We can take on all of these guys and win.
X: Shouldn’t be an issue.
X shrugged as he and Eli walked off with the other three teams staring at them as they leave.
Tag Team Final Frontier Money in the Bank Qualifier: Britain's Finest (Matthew Alcot & Charles Sullivan) vs. #SquadGoals (Isaac Carter & Alexander Shaw; accompanied by Duane Jordan)
Natalie Chase: We’ve got plenty of epic teams in the Tag Team MITB match at FF. Who will take another spot in it?
Tony Stein: Two great teams here, Nat!
- Alcot is dominant at the start of the match, hitting a running lariat and then a Flowing snap DDT to Carter.
- Soon, Carter turns the tables with a springboard dropkick before he tags in Shaw.
- Shaw is on the defensive early as Alcot and Sullivan hit him with a few double team moves.
- Sullivan hits a European uppercut but as he goes for the Chaos Theory, Shaw escapes and connects with the Cheap Shot. He covers and with Carter making sure Alcot can't break it up, Shaw picks up the win!
(Winners - Isaac Carter & Alexander Shaw)
Natalie Chase: #SquadGoals with the win!
Tony Stein: What a win for them!
Women's Final Frontier Money in the Bank Qualifier: Perrie Hart vs. Ava Elwood
Natalie Chase: This is for our final spot in the Women’s MITB!
Tony Stein: Will it be Perrie or Ava?
- Ava catches Perrie with a hard headbutt but Perrie fights back with a Jumping snapmare.
- Perrie misses a Missile dropkick, allowing Ava to strike with a neckbreaker.
- Ava looks to put Perrie away with the Hotshot but the arrival of Faith onto the scene distracts her.
- With Ava busy trying to get rid of Faith, Perrie connects with the Hart Buster to steal the win.
(Winner - Perrie Hart)
Natalie Chase: Perrie heads to Final Frontier!
Tony Stein: Perrie could get back on track here!
We see Perrie Hart return backstage with her twin, Sammie, trying to catch up with her.
Sammie Hart: Uh, why wasn’t I invited out there to manage you tonight?
Perrie Hart: I just thought since I’m going it alone at Final Frontier, since we’re not in the Tag Money In The Bank, I may as well start getting used to it. I mean, you were probably busy with Joel anyway.
Sammie Hart: Wait wait, it was your idea?
Perrie Hart: Yeah. I need to show I can get the job done by myself. Things haven’t been working for us as a team recently so it’s time to take a break.
Sammie Hart: Ugh! I cannot believe you!
Perrie Hart: What the hell is your problem? When I want to do something for myself, it’s wrong but you can do whatever you want at any time? Of course you think that’s right!
Perrie rolled her eyes.
Perrie Hart: How about you stop acting like the victim here and you start understanding that not everything is about you?
Perrie then stormed off as Sammie rolled her eyes and walked off in the opposite direction.
Superstar Final Frontier Money in the Bank Qualifier: Joel Burke (accompanied by Sammie Hart) vs. Arlo Hunter
Natalie Chase: Both of these men are of main event status but one is set to head to Final Frontier and the other doesn’t!
Tony Stein: That hardly seems fair but what a match this will be!
- Arlo Hunter catches Burke off-guard with several hard shots, followed by a backbreaker.
- Hunter prepares for the Hunter but Burke escapes it and hits him with a knee to the face.
- Burke then executes a vicious series of chops to the chest, ended with a DDT.
- Burke goes for the Natural Born Killer but as he does, he takes too long as Hunter recovers. He manages to escape and pull Burke into a roll-up to steal it.
(Winner - Arlo Hunter)
Natalie Chase: Arlo stole it!
Tony Stein: Burke is NOT going to be pleased.
We cut backstage
Renee Taylor: Ladies and gentlemen my guest at this time “The Real Deal” Dex Midas
Midas walks in to the shot
Renee Taylor: Dex, last week at Burnout we saw you do commentary during a match that saw The Kassidy Legacy take on The Rising Sons, what is the actual story behind that?
Dex Midas: Well it’s quite simple really, I was scouting, scouting for potential future stars that I could possibly take under my wing. Now I’m no stranger to The Kassidy Legacy, in fact I know them pretty well, they’re ass holes but I am, or was, a stranger to The Rising Sons and that’s why I was out there but unfortunately I didn’t like what I saw, fact is The Rising Sons lost and it isn’t losers that I’m looking for… So I guess my search for talent continues because I’m not gonna find it in The Rising Sons
Dex walks off as we go back to ringside
Singles Match: Shiori Katashi (accompanied by Chiyo Rei) vs. Dex Midas
Natalie Chase: Dex Midas is certainly confident about his chances. Can he really put Katashi away here?
Tony Stein: Or will Midas turn out to be right?
- Midas catches Katashi with an early Fall Away Slam but can’t quite put him away yet.
- Midas misses a Big Boot, allowing Katashi to follow up with a huge lariat into a Tiger Suplex.
- Katashi remains in control, taking Midas down with a Springboard Moonsault.
- Katashi prepares for the Nagoya Bomb but out of nowhere, Midas is able to strike with a sudden The Midas Touch. He covers to pick up the victory.
(Winner - Dex Midas)
Natalie Chase: What a match but Midas walks away with the win!
Tony Stein: Katashi almost had him!
Dex Midas has his hand raised in victory. He just exits the ring, continuing to stare at Katashi as he attempts to rise back to his feet. Midas shakes his head, as if disappointed with Katashi. He just stares straight back, smirking as Rei tries to help him back to his feet.
Natalie Chase: I don’t think Midas is convinced about Katashi yet!
Tony Stein: Even after that performance? Midas has extremely high standards!
After a commercial break, Shiori Katashi is seen returning backstage with Chiyo Rei.
Shiori Katashi: Dex Midas doesn’t think I am good enough? I will prove to him... I will prove to everybody that I am. In fact, we are. The Rising Sons will break out of this rut soon and show what we can do.
He narrowed his eyes.
Shiori Katashi: Dex Midas, this isn’t over... we will meet again. In fact, bring a partner to Final Frontier and I’ll bring mine. See you there.
Shiori continued to hold his jaw in pain as he then walked off.
Trios Match: Dollhouse (Sherrie Fox, Cheyenne & Aimee Birch) vs. Superiority (Fyre, Chelsea Rayne & Scarlett Star)
Natalie Chase: These two Trios teams are just a few of many who will participate in the Trios MITB.
Tony Stein: Who can gain some momentum?
- Rayne dominates at the start of the match as she hits Aimee with a knee strike. Aimee soon fights back with a Tilt-a-whirl headscissors takedown before tagging in Cheyenne.
- Cheyenne catches Rayne with a huge kick to the gut, leading to Rayne bringing in Star. Star hits a Jumping DDT, followed by a series of kicks. She then keeps with frequent tags to bring in Fyre.
- Fyre and Star work together to keep Cheyenne on the defensive until she fights back and tags in Sherrie.
- Cheyenne and Aimee clothesline Star and Rayne out of the ring. The referee pays attention to this instead of seeing Sherrie hit Fyre with a cheap shot.
- Sherrie hits the Wrecking Ball on Fyre to steal the win!
(Winners - Sherrie Fox, Cheyenne & Aimee Birch)
Natalie Chase: Big win for the Dollhouse!
Tony Stein: Could they be your new Trios MITB holders come Final Frontier?
We go backstage to see Lola Lewis standing backstage with a member of staff, just talking about something. Suddenly, we see Holly Ricci appear on the scene.
Lola Lewis: I was wondering when you’d get here!
Holly Ricci: Why?
She questioned bluntly, which seemed to take Lola back slightly.
Lola Lewis: Uh, we’re tag partners? We usually hang out?
Holly Ricci: Let me ask you this, Lola. When was the last time you considered us to be friends? When was the last time you believed that we were great partners? Because in my opinion, we’ve just been phoning it in for months. Nothing has gone right for us as a team and we barely speak outside of work. You really consider us to be friends?
Lola Lewis: Well, uh... kinda? I didn’t think the state of our friendship was this bad!
Holly Ricci: For months now, you’ve been holding me back and screwing me over. I’m done with you. I’m done with carrying your dead-weight. I’m done with having to deal with you in any capacity.
Lola raised an eyebrow.
Lola Lewis: Really? Come on Holly, grow up. If you had an issue, all you had to do was talk to me like a real woman... which clearly you aren’t.
Holly Ricci: Please. A real woman would want to sort her issues out in that ring and that’s what I want. So how about you and I head to the ring on Final Frontier and face off?
Lola Lewis: Fine, you’ve got it!
Holly Ricci: Oh, and let’s make things real interesting. Since I can’t bear the sight of you any more, how about this? We make it a Loser Leaves UFWA match?
Lola hesitate but nodded.
Lola Lewis: Uh... yeah... fine! You’ve got it.
Holly extended her hand out to Lola, who was again reluctant but shook it.
Singles Match: Trios Champion Mitch Voelker (accompanied by Eddie Kassidy & Stefani Voelker) vs. Orlando Cruz (accompanied by Micah Sterling)
Natalie Chase: Orlando and Micah are still on a crusade to get a Trios title shot. Will this go their way?
Tony Stein: Or will Mitch prove why he’s the champion and they’re not?
- Cruz catches Voelker with an early Superkick but he stays in it.
- Soon, Voelker catches Cruz with a European Uppercut and then an STO.
- Voelker prepares for the Shadow Bomb but Micah Sterling distracts him from on the ring apron. This leads to Stefani and Eddie getting involved and pulling him down.
- However, Cruz delivers the Paroxysm, taking Voelker down. He pins him successfully to pick up the victory.
(Winner - Orlando Cruz)
Natalie Chase: Woah, Orlando did it!
Tony Stein: What a win for him! Maybe this will catch Knox’s attention!
Orlando has his hand raised in victory but then calls for a microphone.
Orlando Cruz: Okay, let me just get this out there. I just defeated one of the current Trios Champions and I hope Shane Knox was watching. He's got a Trios title shot but he has no partners... I want him to see that if he chose to work alongside myself and Micah, we'd be the brand new Trios Champions at Final Frontier!
Orlando Cruz: So Shane, I want you to pay attention to what I can do because clearly, you're doubting us. This was proof as to why you shouldn't!
Micah Sterling: Shane, we'd like you to finally accept our invitation. If you were a smart man, you would.
'Born in Dissonance' by Meshuggah hits as Shane Knox makes his way down to the ring.
Micah Sterling: So what do you say?
Orlando Cruz: Have we got the job?
After brief hesitation, Shane nodded.
Shane Knox: Fine... you've got it. The two of you had better not let me down. I wanted to wait until I had a team I knew I could trust but I suppose now is as good a time as any to cash in my shot. You better be at your best...
Orlando and Micah immediately celebrate as Shane goes to leave.
Orlando Cruz: You will not regret this man, you will not regret it!
Shane heads out of the ring and returns backstage as Orlando and Micah celebrate in the ring.
Singles Match: "Big Bo$$" Vicky Royce vs. Lucy McIntosh (accompanied by Women's Champion Hailee Morgan)
Natalie Chase: Big match up next, Tony! Vicky receives her Vixen’s Championship shot at Final Frontier but can she overcome the challenge of Lucy McIntosh first?
Tony Stein: Or will Lucy prove she deserves a shot instead?
- Lucy catches Vicky with a hard series of shots, followed by a DDT.
- Lucy showboats too much, meaning Vicky has time to recover and start to dominate by hitting Lucy with several power moves.
- Vicky then remains in control as she catches Lucy with a huge barrage of kicks and a powerful suplex.
- Hailee Morgan soon springs into action, hopping onto the ring apron to act as a distraction, which seems to work.
- As Vicky goes to take a swing at Hailee, Lucy takes advantage by pulling Vicky into a roll-up to steal the win!
(Winner - Lucy McIntosh)
Natalie Chase: Woah!
Tony Stein: Lucy just pinned Vicky!
Vicky can’t believe it as she argues with the referee. She then grabs the celebrating Lucy and pulls her into the center of the ring before connecting with the Out of Business. Hailee quickly grabs Lucy by her leg to pull her out of the ring and to safety as they retreat backstage. Vicky blows a kiss to Lucy and Hailee as they disappear but suddenly, Vicky is attacked from behind by four women.
Natalie Chase: The Seasons are here!
Tony Stein: And they wanna give Vicky a message, it seems!
Alice Autumn pulls Vicky up and holds her steady as Spring begins to assault her with a series of hard shots. Spring then throws her into the arms of Summer, who connects with the Santa Maria. Meanwhile, Robyn Wynter had been setting up a table at ringside. With Wynter then barking orders, Autumn, Spring and Summer work together to throw Vicky through the table with a triple powerbomb.
Natalie Chase: Woah! What a bad landing for Vicky!
Tony Stein: That had to hurt! In fact, she might be out after that!
Medics races onto the scene to check on Vicky's condition as the Seasons head backstage. After a while, Vicky is moving but has to be stretchered from the scene as we head into commercial break.
Backstage, we see an argument between several women’s tag teams, including T.M.I., all four members of the Beauty Club, the Vixens of Tomorrow and the Sirens.
Katana Valentine: Look, we do know you’ve technically got the shot but you uggos need to understand that you don’t deserve it. Did you really earn it?
Kaity: Uh, we won the Women’s Tag Team Rumble at Retribution? I know you took a shot or two to the head during that but you can’t have forgotten...
Kathleen Skye: Puh-leeeease. Do you think anybody wants to see your ugly faces at Final Frontier? They’d much rather see beauty queens such as ourselves –
Kathleen is suddenly cut off by Teagan.
Teagan Cavenagh: Nobody wants to see you either, trust us. This is all about T.M.I. and the Sirens. You can’t just say you want a shot and get one, no matter what you believe.
Before the fight can continue, Kirsten makes her way towards the teams.
Kirsten: Ladies! Ladies... I understand you all make excellent points but Daisy and Kaity earned the opportunity at Retribution. That’s how that match works.
Haruna Sakazaki:And you really think it’s fair that we’ve seen so many new teams show up and take away what we’ve been working towards for months?
Avery Knight: Yeah, me and Haruna deserve a chance. Take a look around... we’re the only mainstay team here right now. We’ve been here for years. Most of these teams just show up when they want...
Kirsten: I understand. I get it. But Daisy and Kaity still have the shot at Final Frontier.
The rest of the teams look frustrated but Kirsten continues.
Kirsten: I’m a reasonable woman though. I don’t want to essentially screw the Sirens here but if they were to accept it, then –
Before Kirsten can continue, Daisy spoke up.
Daisy: Kirsten, we get it. There’s a lot of talent in this room right now and frankly, three of the teams don’t have anything to do at Final Frontier! So how about we share this opportunity? I’m sure Kaity would agree with me that even if you throw all of the teams into this match, we can still do the impossible.
She looked across to Kaity, who nodded.
Kaity: That’s right.
Melissa: Hey, we’ll even agree with that. Well, the handling all of the teams thing. As much as we love you gals, we’ll be winning but still...
Kirsten: Well, this might be the only time all of you agree on something.
Faye Clarke: Uh, we didn’t agree! We don’t think they deserve the shot... just us!
She’s then elbowed in the ribs by Jenna.
Jenna Cyde: Shhh... we might not get anything.
Faye nodded and regrouped.
Kirsten: Exactly... so stop arguing. Looks like the Women’s Tag Team Championship match is a Sudden Death Tornado Match between you five teams...
Kirsten then walked off as the teams stared each other down.
Main Event; Trios Match: World Heavyweight Champion Conrad Black, Intercontinental Champion Mercedes & Erica Rose vs. Caiden Tate (accompanied by Tyler Ruocco), Levi Flynn & Bradley Reid
Natalie Chase: Main event time! Conrad will defend against Levi, Mercedes will defend against Tate and Erica will take on Reid and Ruocco at Final Frontier. This is one hell of a build-up towards that.
Tony Stein: Huge Trios action next!
- Siblings Levi Flynn and Erica Rose battle it out in the opening minutes of the match. Erica is dominant at first but is soon wiped out with a Backslide Driver.
- Flynn then remains in control, even after Erica has tagged in Mercedes. Mercedes manages to hit Flynn with a DDT, leading to him tagging out to Tate.
- Tate then takes control, keeping Mercedes on the defensive until she hits the Bubble Buster from out of nowhere. She doesn't cover as she becomes distracted by Reid.
- Mercedes brings in Conrad Black and the two work together against Tate until he fights back, locking Mercedes in the Worse Case Scenario until Black breaks it up.
- Tate brings in Reid and both he and Black go back and forth with a great combination of moves. Soon, Flynn storms into the ring as does Tate. This brings in Mercedes and Erica, leading to an intevitable brawl on the outside.
- Black takes out Reid with the Black Out from out of nowhere. With Tate and Flynn still brawling with Erica and Mercedes on the outside, Black pins Reid.
(Winners - Conrad Black, Mercedes & Erica Rose)
Natalie Chase: Conrad Black with the victory!
Tony Stein: He’s certainly sent a message to Levi Flynn right there!
Levi Flynn immediately pulls Bradley Reid out of the ring as they are joined by Tate and Ruocco, who all begin to disappear up the ramp, staring daggers at the three winners in the ring.