Post by Kirsten on Jul 30, 2017 9:18:28 GMT -5
30th July 2016
U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio
Pre-Show; Tag Team Match: Vixens of Tomorrow (Avery Knight & Haruna Sakazaki) vs. The Beauty Club (Katana Valentine & Kathleen Skye)
- Sweet Stan was cheering his girls on at ringside
- Katana and Kathleen were extra aggressive in this match
- Katana hit Haruna with The Heart Breaker but Avery made the same at the count of two
- Towards the end of the match Skye had the referee distracted, this allowed Stan to throw Katana a can of hair spray
- The referee however caught Katana using the spray on Knight and called for the disqualification
(Winners via disqualification – Avery Knight & Haruna Sakazaki)
Avery Knight and Haruna Sakazaki are furious with this result and immediately begin to attack Katana from behind. Kathleen Skye springs into action and joins the fight. She's soon able to pull Katana to safety but a furious Vixens of Tomorrow team stand in the ring, challenging them to get back into the ring but the Beauty Club high-tail it to the back.
Renee is standing by for an interview segment.
Renee Taylor: Please welcome the "Big Bo$$" Vicky Royce!
We hear a loud reaction in the background
"Big Bo$$" Vicky Royce: Hey there. (friendly smile)
Renee Taylor: Your war of words and in ring action with Spring in recent months is well documented but after your proclamation that you would be going after the Women's Champion Ashley Jak, the champion herself and the woman who took the Vixen's championship off you had some harsh words for you last week. What is your response?
"Big Bo$$" Vicky Royce: It was cute watching them both lose their cool because of what I said. Standard. (winks) Oh Ashley girl were you demonstrating your cure for insomnia when you droned on and on and on ranting about how you are sick of me being in the spotlight and holding others back. I guess your hearing isn't much good, Kirsten herself said I have the right to challenge you for that title at the last pay per view.
So that anger you have is misplaced, go take it up with her if you think its unfair. All I was doing was following up on an opportunity that no person with more than one brain cell would decline and that includes you. I make no apologies that you are feeling ill because of my hard earned spotlight and if being one of the best is holding others back, that's a "crime" I will willingly commit every single week. (smirks)
Speaking of rants about me... I find it amusing that Spring wants to carry on our feud when she could be instead beginning to attempt to establish the division I once dominated in her own way. Part of me understands, my star casts a large shadow and working with me keeps her relevant in the eyes of the fans. I admitted she was the better woman that night but she has an obsession with facing me again that is clear to see.
Every time I speak, she reacts with the subtlety of a blender and each time she does its another victory for me. Never have I seen someone win a championship spend so much time talking about the person they beat rather than what they achieved and looking to the future rather than the past. Spring is desperate to face me again and needs that match far more than I need to but perhaps I'll change my mind if you ask more nicely. (smiles)
There is also something I have wanted to clear up with you Spring. At Indestructible I went out there and cut a promo and then later on Spring got a letter that was from me. I'm here to tell you now Spring, that letter was not written or sent by me. I have no idea who would insult me with that poor imitation that way but that sort of thing is not my style and when you think about it knowing each other as well as we do now in and out of the ring as enemies you know I'm telling the truth.
I guess I'll be seeing you ladies around sooner or later.
Vicky Royce lowers her shades and heads off leaving Natalie behind.
Natalie Chase: Well that's interesting. So it wasn't Vicky Royce who sent the letter to Spring last month. Can we trust her on that?
Tony Stein: Well I think we've known Vicky Royce long enough to know she prefers to trash talk with a microphone than a sneaky letter. So I think she could be telling the truth
Natalie Chase: If its true, I wonder who actually sent it to Spring?
Pre-Show; Tag Team Match: Fallen Brothers (Taizo Izumi & Bradley Reid) vs. Conrad Black & Marcus Brett
- Conrad and Taizo brawled around the ring early on but the referee was able to regain control
- Taizo took control of the match with a hard DDT on Black which got a two count thanks to Marcus
- Conrad caught Brad with The Black Out but Taizo stopped the count
Marcus and Brad both traded German Suplexes, neither man was able to get the pin though
- A stray clothesline by Marcus caught the referee, knocking him out
- Marc and Conrad looked to be on their way to winning after hitting Taizo and Brad with The Marc Out and Black Out respectively
- However “Big” Sal Izumi made and appearance and nailed Conrad with The Salvatore Sidewalk Slam on the outside.
- Erica Rose hit ringside with a bat to fight off Sal who escaped through the crowd
- In all the confusion Taizo was able to hit Brett with a low blow followed by a Canadian title belt shot to the head. Izumi then pinned Brett for the three count
(Winners - Taizo Izumi & Bradley Reid)
After a commercial for UFWA merchandise, we see Taizo Izumi, Bradley Reid and Sal Izumi return backstage.
Taizo Izumi: I knew we had that. I mean, Brett's week is just going from bad to worse, right?
Bradley Reid: That's what he gets for teaming with the likes of Conrad Black and all those losers...
Taizo and Sal nodded in agreement as then, Levi Flynn made his way toward them.
Levi Flynn: Another easy victory for you all, I see.
Taizo Izumi: What else did you expect?
Levi Flynn: This is true... this is true.
Levi Flynn: So, we just need to make sure this success continues. From your victory now to Archer's Anarchy Championship win, to my main event success.
Bradley Reid: Obviously. We've already put us on track to completely dominating tonight and we'll definitely be there to make sure you're still on top at the end.
Levi Flynn: I actually need you guys to stay out of it. I know i can defeat Erica without help but while I'd usually love for you guys to have my back out there, this is just one that myself and Erica need to handle ourselves. Got it?
The other Fallen Brothers nodded in agreement.
Bradley Reid: No problem. We know you've got it.
Again, the guys nodded in agreement before they all walked away.
Pre-Show; Trios Match: Vortex (Anti-Matter & El Miedo) vs. Mara, Ria & Cheyenne (accompanied by Aerin)
- Ria was on fire in the early goings, taking Miedo, Lady Vortex and Matter down with a succession of dropkicks
- Anti-Matter regained control of the match with a running STO
- Mara though took out Matter with a superkick, only for a two count
- Cheyenne got the three on Lady Vortex but the referee waved it off having seen Vortex’s foot on the bottom rope
- All hell broke loose with all six in the ring
- It was Miedo that got the win over Ria after catching her with a small package
(Winners via pinfall – Vortex)
Getting ready for their Women's Tag Team Championship opportunity later in the night are a hyped Hailee Morgan and "Luscious" Lucy McIntosh. They are taking selfies and genuinely having a good time when they notice the cameras and instantly high pitch with excited laughter they start talking about tonight.
Hailee Morgan: I guess this match is just a formality... I mean, we should have just been handed the Women's Tag Team Championships by now already, to be honest.
She said with a roll of her eyes. Lucy does also at the same time.
Hailee Morgan: But it doesn't matter because me and my bestie here, we're going to go ahead, kick the Siren's asses all over that ring and leave with the Women's Tag Team Championships and that is a guarantee because we're on a roll right now. Are the champs? Uh, nope! They're not on our level so this is going to be easy and I can't wait! I mean, gold is definitely our color and we're going to look waaaaaay better with those titles than Daisy and Kaity ever did! So we're going to leave as the new champions and we'll finally make these championships relevant again. Do we really think that the Sirens are going to be able to stop us? Uh, no.
✿Lucy Mcintosh: Well only a duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh brain would think the champs can stop us tonight! (they high five) The #1 women's tag team contenders representing the Glorious Revolution tonight are on the verge of something truly great tonight. We are the tag team champions in all but name, the people out there are so bored of the likes of the champions we've seen recently and we're here to bring some much needed gorgeous to the division.
The Sirens are no joke but neither are we! Tonight we will show to UFWA why sweet dreams are made of us and who out there will disagree? The people we beat for those titles STUPID! HEEEEEEEEEEEE I can't believe tonight me and my bestie will be tag team champs soon! Haileeeeeeeeeee its going to be sooooooooo awesome! EEEEEEEEEEEK!
More over the top screeching and laughing from UFWA's obnoxious duo as they do some more selfies
Natalie Chase: They are so annoying!
Tony Stein: (laughs)
Pre-Show; Stables Championship Match: The Monarchy (Blain Marshal, Union Jack, Zara Lockheart & Phillip Blake; accompanied by Tabitha Milbourne) (c) vs. CarnEvil (Nicole Franceschi, Jezabelle, Scar & Stitches; accompanied by Needles)
- Needles stalked Tabitha early in the match and the two vanished backstage
- Blain targeted the knee of Scar and attempted a half crab but Jezabelle bulldogged him off the move to save her brother
- Zara later took out Scar’s knee with the sceptre
- Stitches hit The Malevolence on Jack but Blake made the save
- Nicole got a near fall over Zara following a vicious brain buster
- It was The Monarchy that got the win though after again using the sceptre, this time to Jezabelle. Jack slips in for the pin to claim The Undisputed Stables titles
(Winners via pinfall & Undisputed Stables Champions – The Monarchy)
Zoe Seiko and Jodie Scott are stood backstage, just talking ahead of their huge match later in the night.
Zoe Seiko: I'm sorry I dragged you into this...
Jodie Scott: You didn't drag me into anything. I wanted to be a part of this and well, if it's your last match and hey, even if it's my last match, then so be it. We've both had amazing careers.
Zoe smiled and nodded.
Zoe Seiko: You're right, we have. Honestly, I wouldn't have changed anything.
Jodie Scott: Me either. Do I wish you and I had longer time together as a team? Of course but still, if we're going out, then this is the way to do it.
Zoe nodded in agreement before the two walked away.
Pre-Show; Hardcore Tag Team Match: Nixon & Silas vs. Jaz Ashby & Brooklyn
- The match didn’t take long to get hardcore as Silas and Nixon brought weapons to the ring during their entrance
- Silas was busted open after both Jaz and Brooklyn ran the steel steps in to his head
- Nixon with a Superplex on Ashby through a table got two as Brooklyn made the save at the last second
- Brooklyn was busted open by a cheese grater which Nixon scraped across her forehead
- In the end it was Jaz and Brooklyn that got the win after the two blasted Nixon with a double chair shot. Jaz pins Nixon
(Winners via pinfall – Jaz Ashby & Brooklyn)
Backstage, the Brotherhood are hanging out.
Freddie Grayson: So, in the main event of this pre-show, I've got a pretty tough battle. Up next, I'm facing Chiyo Rei, who has seemingly come out of nowhere. To be fair to the guy though, he's impressed and I am taking him very seriously. I'll be honest, the Brotherhood haven't had the easiest ride lately so it's going to be tough to regain control but I'm ready for it.
Oliver Orozco: Same goes for myself and Jax. It's not going to be easy to take on the recently reunited team of Luca and Richie, the guys are good. But we're better. So for that reason, I'd say we're both feeling great about this match. They want to go from nothing to something pretty damn quickly but it's not going to be that easy for them, I'm afraid.
Jax: So myself and Oliver here are gonna leave tonight the same way we walked into this thing, which is still as UFWA Tag Team Champions and sadly for Luca and Richie, it's going to be at their expense. We have no issues with them but we got this.
Freddie nodded in agreement.
Freddie Grayson: So I guess the time has come for me to head out of here, take on Chiyo and once again prove why I'm the most dominant X-Division Champion for some time. This will be good.
He patted the championship belt on his shoulder before walking off.
Pre-Show; X-Division Championship Match: Freddie Grayson (c) vs. Chiyo Rei
- Both traded clotheslines early in the match, Freddie gained the upper hand though after a Russian leg sweep
- Rei countered an early Random Act Of Violence attempt and nailed Freddie with a spear for a two
- Rei gets a near fall after a cannonball in the corner
- Freddie gets a near fall following a back drop driver
- After an epic back and forth battle it was Grayson that retained the title with The Random Act Of Violence
(Winner via pinfall and still UFWA X-Division Champion – Freddie Grayson)
Freddie Grayson has his hand raised in victory as he celebrates that huge victory. However, he helps Chiyo to his feet and shakes his hand out of respect before heading to the back to end the pre-show.